Thursday, January 21, 2010

Enthusiasm, the in-dwelling God

Your topic is so tempting that I wish I could have written a long essay if my time had permitted, especially, it was posted by someone who is a Greek, am I mistaken, xilaren?

If my homework was not misleading me, Enthusiasm is a very remarkable word. The ancient Greeks used it to describe an inspired person, as "en" means in, and "theos" means God. The enthusiastic person, they thought, was the one who held the presence of an in-dwelling God. And the more you ponder this, the more you are convinced that the Greeks not only had a word for it, but the right one.

Enthusiasm, no other single human characteristic, maybe with the exception of kindness, will bring so much to happy and successfully living. Everyone is born with it. Especially, children have it.

What is the meaning of "enthusiastic"? I think that It can be defined as someone is able to react with eagerness, The enthusiastic person has the capacity for generating excitement about ideas, people, events, etc. He responds things surrounding him not only with his five senses, his brain, but also with his emotion. He feels things and cares things. In a word, he has a great capacity for surprise!!!

Enthusiasm has the power to lift people over the rough places in life. Of course, the certain aspects of living are the enemy of Enthusiasm. Routine deadens it, familiarity dulls it. I had learned a few tricks, supposing this were the only time, the first time, supposing this sunset, this soccer game, this party, etc. supposing you would never be experiencing these things again... ...
... ...

Enthusiasm, the greatest gift in the world! But to keep it, you have to give it away!

The sentences were inspired and stolen from the lines in Romeo and Juliet

Juliet:
"But to be frank, and give it thee again,
And yet I wish but for the thing I have.
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite"

No comments:

Post a Comment